Manager PDS (Product Development Support) - East West Seed
East-West Seed is the market leader for tropical vegetable seeds in Asia and is rapidly expanding in Africa. East-West Seed develops vegetable varieties that are adapted to tropical markets and growing conditions and generate increased yield and productivity for farmers. In addition, the company educates farmers and helps them to maximize their yield and income through better knowledge on vegetable production.
What We Need
East West Seed has set out an ambitious growth strategy to expand our leading position in the vegetable seed industry in Tanzania. In order to achieve our targets we welcome an ambitious Manager PDS (Product Development Support) who will play a crucial role in developing a successful pipeline of innovative new vegetable varieties in close co-operation with our R&D and Sales & Marketing Department.
Job Locations: Moshi - Kilimanjaro (frequent domestic travel required)Position: Manager PDSReporting to: Manager PDS AfricaEmployment: Full Time
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage trial planning and execution of trials according to protocol
- Ensure timely availability of sample seeds
- Present trial based conclusions and advice the Sales & Marketing department on product/market positioning
- Develop the pipeline of innovative new varieties
- Responsible for commercialisation of new varieties through product advancement.
- Obtain and analyse strategic market information
- Provide Leadership and conduct training to the Product Development Team (15 FTE)
What We Want From You
- Must have Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Vegetable Seed Industry
- Profound product and market knowledge and understanding of the players in the industry.
- Understanding of geography and climate, competition and their products
- Analyse market size and demand; characteristics of potential new commercial varieties
- Understanding of the vegetable Product Life Cycle
- Understanding of technical breeding/ R&D breeding programs
- Ambitious mentality - ability to grow into full managerial position
East-West Seed has competitive packages on offer including bonuses for outperformers. Interested candidates can apply through a 1 page motivational letter supported with full resume.
Please send to email@example.com
Deadline: April 1 2017