Nutrition And Social Inclusion Specialists - 4 posts
Location: Will be based in Iringa, Morogoro, Mbeya and Zanzibar Feed the Future Tanzania Mboga na Matunda Project offices.
Responsibilities: Reports to Nutrition and Social Inclusion Director. In addition to the specific tasks stated below, he/she is expected to contribute fully as the Project team member, conducting himself/herself in a proper manner at all times as a representative of the Project. The Nutrition and Social Inclusion Specialist is also responsible for safekeeping and care of all project assets assigned to him/her. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and ensure that Nutrition and Social Inclusion activities meet project objectives of improved nutrition and economic growth for women and youth.
- Identify potential partners for nutrition and social inclusion activities.
- Recommend and provide information on nutritious crops that could be potentially grown by farmer groups, institutions, orphanages and other relevant stakeholders in the zone.
- Deliver practical training (cooking demonstrations, production techniques) and a transfer of knowledge to project beneficiaries (farmer groups and partners) to promote the production and consumption of nutrient rich foods.
- Identify specific activities and interventions that will promote the inclusion of women and youth to program activities.
- Regularly monitor and report on gender and youth participation in project activities, and identify opportunities for increased inclusion.
- Deliver targeted training for women and youth entrepreneurs, and assist women and youth led agribusinesses engage with the horticulture value chain.
- Assist the partnerships team to promote nutrition and social inclusion in their work with partners.
- Liaise with the Technical Partnerships Director, to provide technical support to partners to help them accomplish relevant activities in their work plans.
- Liaise with Director of Value Chain Services and Regional Coordinators to ensure that women and youth have improved access to economic growth opportunities under the project.
- Represent the Nutrition and Social Inclusion Director in Feed the Future and other Nutrition stakeholders activities in the Zone whenever required.
- Prepare and report the progress of Nutrition and Social Inclusion activities in the zone on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Report successful partner and farmer group interventions in nutrition and social inclusion to the Communications Officer for the development of monthly reports and success stories.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Nutrition and Social Inclusion Director.
Key Qualifications & Characteristics:
- University or Diploma level in Nutrition, Gender / Social Inclusion, Social Development, or related fields.
- At least three years experience in social development activities in rural Tanzania.
- Ability to provide training and extension to farmer groups and partner staff.
- Computer knowledge.
- Physically fit and capable of a demanding work schedule in the field.
- Ability to work without daily direct supervision.
- Honest and responsible work ethics.