QUANTITY SURVEYOR I – 1 POST
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage costs on a wide variety of new building projects;
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project works;
- Assist in establishing client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- Prepare early stage budgets and detailed cost plans;
- Perform risk and value management cost control;
- Assess of tender documents submitted by Consultants to ensure sufficient information available to prepare tender
- Assist in preparing tender and contract documents including bills of quantities;
- Identify, analyzing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Prepare and analyzing costing for tenders;
- Establish and operating cost and financial control systems;
- Provide advice on contractual claims;
- Undertake supervisory duties on contracts from initiation to satisfactory completion of works;
- Value completed works and arranging payments;
- Maintain projects data base;
- Assist in enforcing buildings rules and City/Municipal/Town by – laws.
- Prepare annual plan and budget estimates for the repair of infrastructures and capital development projects.
- Participate in the preparation and appraisal of feasibility studies for the Fund’s project. and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor,
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree / Advanced Diploma in Building Economics / Quantity Surveying form a recognized University / College and must be registered by the Architects and Quantity Surveyors Registration Board (AQRB) as Professional Quantity Surveyor with proven experience within construction arena of at least 5 years.
- Good working knowledge of forms of contracts currently used within the building and Civil Engineering projects, Contract management, Construction technical expertise, Cost management, Good working knowledge of standard forms of measurements Quantity surveying computer programs and Drafting tender documents and contracts for building projects.
REMUNERATION: Salary scale NHIGS 11
Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates:
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- National Service (JKT) certificate as will be determined relevant.
- Computer Literacy
- Professional certificates from respective Boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
- Form iv and form vi results slips are strictly not accepted
- Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
Application InstructionsApplication letters should be written in Swahili or English through website www.ajira.go.tz (http://www.ajira.go.tz). All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address: http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ (http://portal.ajira.go.tz/). This address can also be found at Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) website, Click 'Recruitment Portal'
NOTE: Remember to attach an application Letter and all related documents.
Application Letter Should Be Directed To:
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT,
27 BIBI TITI MOHAMED ROAD,
11102 DAR ES SALAAM.
Deadline for application is 03rd April, 2017 at 00:00 p.m